This report looks at patient factors, system factors and supply-side issues to see what lies behind this increasing pressure on general practice. It finds that despite GPs being at the heart of the health care system, a lack of nationally available, real-time data has made their changing workload largely invisible to commissioners and policy-makers.
Following the publication of the GP Forward View in May, NHS England has recently published further details about how it is going to invest in general practice. This includes details of the indemnity scheme, practice resilience programme, receptionist training and more.
- Read the Implementation of the GPFV – announcements made by NHS England in July 2016
- Read the General Practice Forward View here
- Read our Summary of the GPFV & LMC view here
- Read the GPC Focus on General Practice Forward View here
- Read Further announcements October 2016 – health service for GPs and Induction Refresher Scheme