- This event has passed.
RCGP Beds & Herts – AKT Statistics
March 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£150
What the day includes
This course teaches the key statistical skills needed to read papers and promises to give attendees the ability to understand and competently answer the statistics part of the AKT exam. The course incorporates:
- practical exercises
- group work
- sample statistical questions
- a take-home glossary of statistical terms.
The course is suitable for
GP trainees in ST1, ST2 and ST3 years, particularly those preparing for the AKT part of the MRCGP examination. The course will also be of interest to experienced GPs with an interest in developing or revising their analytical skills.
- The statistical principals needed for critical appraisal
- Understanding the language of statistics
- Forest plots, Cates plots and other graphical displays of data
- Practice in answering statistical questions
- Understand how to answer the statistical questions set in the AKT exam
- Feel more confident looking at data
- Develop knowledge of statistical terms.
Dr Chris Cates was formerly a GP in Bushey, Herts, and is now a teacher and practitioner of evidence-based medicine. He is the creator of the Cates Plot and a reviewer and editor with the Cochrane Airways Group.
Read more about Chris Cates at: www.nntonline.net