Understanding Medical Terminology
September 11 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£145
Aims and Objectives:Aims and Objectives:The Understanding Medical Terminology Course is designed to give delegates a grounding in the basic structure of medical terminology and knowledge of terminology relating to certain medical specialities in order to develop their own competence and confidence and maximise the effectiveness of patient care.The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- Acquire a basic knowledge in the use of medical prefixes and suffixes;
- Recognise the structure of medical terms;
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of the body structure and systems and
- The root words associated with them;
- Understand medical terms associated with gynaecology and cardiology;
- Be able to decipher medical terms relating to the areas studied.
Delegate Profile: This course is ideal for non clinicians who come into contact with medical terminology on a regular basis and who wish to increase their understanding further.