Website Town Centre Surgery Luton
We are looking for Salaried Sessional GPs to join a great team of doctors and nurses at the Town Centre Surgery, Luton. We have locum doctors who have worked here for the last 5 years which bears a testament to what a great team we are.
Full & Part time opportunities are available, and these are primarily based in the practice, however, should you wish to undertake unscheduled care shifts we can offer this.
As part of a multi-professional workforce, you will provide a vitally important, high quality service, delivering a variety of acute medical and primary care to patients across Luton & Bedfordshire.
We are looking for:
- Fully qualified GP with GMC registration
- Proven experience as a GP
- Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations
- Patient focused care
- Chronic disease management
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 38 days annual leave, pro rata
- Up to 5 days study leave
- Sessions that suit you best
- Working as part of a wider Primary Care team
- NHS pension scheme and Perkbox reward scheme
- Varied, interesting and challenging work
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Senior and peer clinical support
- Personal development and training
- Educational events
- Performance feedback to support appraisal and revalidation
The Town Centre surgery is a busy and diverse practice with a list size of 11,700 patients. Situated in Luton’s town centre, it is a busy hub to patients of all social needs, diverse demographics and young population. The practice has a multi-professional workforce who have a strong team ethic and work together to meet the needs of the patients.
We have a dedicated Nursing team who also focus on Long-term conditions, and a committed admin team who help support QOF and running of the practice.
The Surgery has an Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) co-located within the building which operates from 08:00-20:00 7 days a week. It is not expected that you will work in the UTC but it is an option should you wish to.
As our name suggests we are right in the heart of Luton and hence very close to a lot of high street brands and restaurants.