Level 3 Children and Adult Safeguarding Webinars for Primary Care in Hertfordshire & West EssexHelen Bean
Beds & Herts LMC and Herts & West Essex ICS invite primary care colleagues in Hertfordshire and West Essex to the following level 3 Safeguarding webinars. Please select ‘read more’ for more information and how to register*. Alternatively, you can select the flyer below.
Children & Adult Safeguarding – Session A
Thurs 30th September, 2.00 – 4.30pm or Weds 3rd November, 2.00 – 4.30pm
- Safeguarding children during the Covid-19 pandemic, post lockdown and the road to recovery
- Managing and safeguarding of individuals with complex needs as a result of drug or alcohol dependency
Children & Adult Safeguarding – Session B
Thurs 2nd December, 2.00 – 4.30pm or Tues 18th January 2022, 2.00 – 4.30pm
- Contextual Safeguarding: Young people’s experiences of significant harm beyond their families with specific reference to understanding how situations relate to each other and inform their risk taking behaviour
- Learning Disabilities: Best practice in primary care
Adult Safeguarding: Mental Capacity Act
Weds 13th October or Weds 26th January 2022 or Tues 15th March 2022, 1.30 – 4.30pm
- Applying the Mental Capacity Act confidently in practice
- How to undertake a capacity assessment
- Making a best interests decision
- Medical treatment issues – including advance decisions and DNACPRs
- What is a deprivation of liberty and what should we do about it?
Adult Safeguarding: Domestic Abuse
Thursday 21st October, 1.30 – 4.30pm
- Domestic Abuse involving Older Victims: The Safety & Service Gap
- Violence Against Women and Girls and Radicalisation
- The IDVA Service in Herts: Single Point of Access for Primary Care
*Please note: You must be working in general practice in Hertfordshire or West Essex to be eligible. The webinars are delivered via MS Teams. BHLMC & HWE ICS event organisers will have access to registration and attendance data.
Events contact: Beds & Herts LMC Ltd, [email protected], 01438 880010,