GMS changes for 2017/18 have been agreed between the GPC and NHS England.
Please find attached information from NHS England relating to Mefloquine, an anti-malarial which was prescribed to military personnel who were operating or training in Sub-Saharan Africa (not in Iraq or Afghanistan, with few exceptions) over the past 20 years. The attached documents provide information on what steps should be taken by practices if a patient presents with symptoms relating to the side-effects of Mefloquine.
This report looks at patient factors, system factors and supply-side issues to see what lies behind this increasing pressure on general practice. It finds that despite GPs being at the heart of the health care system, a lack of nationally available, real-time data has made their changing workload largely invisible to commissioners and policy-makers.
Following the publication of the GP Forward View in May, NHS England has recently published further details about how it is going to invest in general practice. This includes details of the indemnity scheme, practice resilience programme, receptionist training and more.
- Read the Implementation of the GPFV – announcements made by NHS England in July 2016
- Read the General Practice Forward View here
- Read our Summary of the GPFV & LMC view here
- Read the GPC Focus on General Practice Forward View here
- Read Further announcements October 2016 – health service for GPs and Induction Refresher Scheme